TPO Uganda is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that has been delivering services to vulnerable communities in Uganda since 1994. TPO Uganda has been committed to empowering communities affected by armed conflict and other natural and manmade disasters to meet the protection needs, psychosocial, mental health wellbeing and to improve livelihoods. TPO Uganda has over the years grown into a respectable national NGO with a demonstrable track record in over 55 districts as at January 2023. TPO is currently operating in the regions of Acholi, Lango, Teso, Karamoja, sub regions, Rwenzori, Southwest, West Nile, and central region. The organisation works with both in the Humanitarian and in the development settings (refugee hosting and non-refugee hosting) districts in Uganda
The Economic Strengthening Officer will be responsible for all socio-economic activities in the assigned cluster. The incumbent will provide training, and support to PEPFAR OVC Community volunteers/Field Agents with a focus on the implementation and management of savings groups, financial education, market opportunity identification/assessment, entrepreneurship and business development services. The position will also include regular mentoring and visits to the field to ensure that youth, OVC caregivers and households have increased savings, income and assets to improve households’ economic stability and strengthen self-efficacy and child optimized decision-making capacity. He/she will work directly with Social Workers especially in areas of planning and coordination of field activities and reporting. This position reports to the Economic Strengthening Specialist.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Together with the District Project Coordinator, the incumbent will ensure that the Field Agents and groups are well trained on the savings group methodology.
- Conduct training needs assessments of Field Agents through supervision and regular monitoring and provide necessary follow-up training through on-the-job and in the workshops.
- Conduct post-training supervision and mentorship of the Field Agents to ensure successful internalization of the methodology and quality roll-out.
- Compile monthly progress report, share with the District Project Coordinator and Economic Strengthening Specialist for review and input.
- Seek guidance from the Economic Strengthening Specialist and other results technical leads to provide monthly support-supervision monitoring visits to the field to ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and use the information to improve project quality and implementation.
- Jointly work with the Economic Strengthening Specialist to review and analyze trends, opportunities and challenges related to market linkages and economic strengthening to continuously refine and improve intervention strategies.
- Join the results specialist to provide coaching and mentorship to sub grantees staff on issues such as cash transfer usage, operating savings and lending groups, money management, enterprise and market development priorities.
- Facilitate linkages of OVC beneficiaries with private-public service providers to diversify livelihoods options, enhance economic stability in their households.
- The incumbent will ensure that the Field Agents (FAs) meet their targets, attend group meetings as and when they are required, collect data from the field and submit the same without delay.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
➢ At least three years' professional experience with PEPFAR funded projects and/economic strengthening initiative that target vulnerable communities, mainly orphans and vulnerable children, youth and their caregivers.
➢ Knowledge of PEPFAR reporting standards
➢ Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans with diverse teams.
➢ Proven relevant experience in savings- led projects, financial education programming, food security and nutrition-led agriculture.
➢ Additional training in income generation, agriprenuership, life skills, monitoring and evaluation, and HIV/AIDS is an added advantage.
➢ Capacity to building and maintaining partnership relations, with project implementing partners and other community agencies.
➢ Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
➢ Strong analytical thinking, interpersonal, cross -cultural and training/facilitation/mentoring skills
➢ Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook.
➢ Familiarity with using Management Information Systems, like the SAVIX and data collection tools
➢ A Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Business studies, Economics, Business Administration and Management, Social Work, or related field.
➢ A Post Graduate Diploma in the related field is an added advantage
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees and table showing your past 2 years salary history to the Human resource office, TPO Uganda, KCHS project, through this website or you can also email to :firstname.lastname@example.org (Attached a one document of not more than 2mbs)