TPO Uganda is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that has been delivering services to vulnerable communities in Uganda since 1994. TPO Uganda has been committed to empowering communities affected by armed conflict and other natural and manmade disasters to meet the protection needs, psychosocial, mental health wellbeing and to improve livelihoods. TPO Uganda has over the years grown into a respectable national NGO with a demonstrable track record in over 55 districts as at January 2023. TPO is currently operating in the regions of Acholi, Lango, Teso, Karamoja, sub regions, Rwenzori, Southwest, West Nile, and central region. The organisation works with both in the Humanitarian and in the development settings (refugee hosting and non-refugee hosting) districts in Uganda
The Social Worker will be responsible for coordinating and delivering comprehensive OVC services to the project beneficiaries. He/She will support Para-social workers and other community structures engaged by KCHSto implement innovative strategies to increase OVC access to quality care and support services including HIV prevention and care. He/She will be responsible for supporting bi-directional referrals and linkages for comprehensive service packages to children and adolescents living with HIV/AIDS and their families. He/she will participate in the work plan development process and build the capacity of Para-social workers through orientation, needs-based training, and mentorship to ensure that project implementation is guided by SOPs, Guidelines, job aids, and tools
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Work and Social Administration, community psychology, development studies, or related field from a recognized institution.
- Additional Qualification in Child Protection is an added advantage
- 2 years of relevant work experience in managing NGOs community-based children and adolescent health projects specifically HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, and child protection.
- Experience in life skills, economic strengthening programs for youth and families infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and Violence against Children, and working within the decentralized system of government are added advantages.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit is a MUST
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees and a table showing your past 3years salary history: Human Resources Manager, TPO Uganda, P.O Box 21646 Kampala, Uganda, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo (Attached as one document of 2MBS)
✓ Deadline: September 15, 2023.
✓ Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
Please note that this offer of employment is made to you with the understanding that you do not have a history of fraud or sexual offenses. This is by TPO Uganda Anti-Fraud and PSHEA policies. Any violation of this and other poticies is highly punishable as per guidelines indicated in the various policies and the laws of Uganda.
Only shortlisted candidates witt be contacted, thus, if you do not hear from us by October 15,2023, you are not considered.