TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 28years. Our programs comprise interventions organized around the following themes; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in 46 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
TPO Uganda is now seeking person
Director Financial Management and Operations-USAID KCHS (1)
(USAID/PEPFAR-funded Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS))
Chief of Party
Mbarara (1 person)
The Director Financial Management & Operations will oversee all financial and operational matters within the project, including managing financial systems, generating financial reports, tracking expenses, administering sub-awards, managing finance and operational issues and staff at the regional office and supporting CSO and project staff in district offices. S/he will supervise grants, regularly assess risk levels and build capacity of implementing partners and project staff in USG policy and grant compliance. The Director Financial Management & Operations will be responsible for preparing periodic finance reports for the attention of the Director Finance and Administration at TPO HQ and the Chief of Party KCHS.
- You will support the Chief of Party to manage and/or put in place finance management systems that ensure timely financial decision making; payments and expenditure controls by providing leadership and technical support to all project staff.
- You will oversee and support during preparation of monthly reports; quarterly reports and other periodic reports as required by management, board and the donors to inform management decision.
- You will be responsible for the preparation and timely attending to the needs of both the internal and external auditors and follow up implementation of audit recommendations.
- You will perform regulatory functions that ensure that TPO Uganda meets its statutory financial obligations and responsibilities to its donor and partners by providing support to field office, ensuring TPO scores no less than 80% on all due diligence assessments and spot checks, also prompt statutory payment where no penalties are incurred.
- You will support accounting staff to acquire essential competencies in their roles and for performance management by conducting periodic trainings, regular performance appraisals, training programs, including mentorship and acting roles to build capacity.
- You will identify areas from the capacity assessment reports carried out on Implementing partners that require strengthening and carry out orientation of the finance staff of Implementing Partners in financial management and reporting
- You will oversee the activities of the Grants Department creating a seamless link between the Finance and Grants units and create clear communication channels within the units ; and between the Prime and Implementing Partners
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Full Chartered Accountant, with CPA/ ACCA and a Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, business management.
- 8 years of experience managing large multiyear USAID, grants and budgets and will be familiar with all reporting and financial management requirements.
- Experience with establishing solid financial management systems, policies and procedures including sub grant management.
- Experience supervising sub grantees, mentoring and coaching them to establish sound systems of sub-grant management.
- Experience in team building skills, mentorship, problem solving and be very decisive.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Management
- Financial and Management Reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Communication skills.
- Planning and organizing.
Kampala (1 persons)
Executive Assistant (EA) will perform, coordinate and oversee office administrative duties while providing an extensive level of support to Directors to make the best use of their time and are relied on heavily to ensure that work is handled efficiently and without the need for constant or direct supervision in live with TPO Uganda guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide secretarial support to the Country Director, SMT and BOD
- You will provide, coordinate and oversee office administrative, managerial and support functions of the Country Director’s Office, support Directors to keep their offices running smoothly, while maintaining confidentiality and exercising sound judgment and ability to make reasonable decisions.
- You will be responsible for the coordination of the Country Director’s office appointments, travels and field visits. Also you will monitor the usage of office supplies in the Country Director’s office and maintain an up-to-date filing system that is accessible by respective staff.
- You prove support to Board of Directors’ emoluments and provide accountability.
- Administrative role
- You will be responsible for the management of TPO Uganda reception; receiving of guests, answering to phone correspondences. You will be responsible for itinerary organization of all international guests.
- Oversee the general cleanliness of TPO Uganda office.
- Oversee the staff welfare at the HQ office
- Ensuring etiquette of the support staff
- Any other secretarial duties.
- Maintain an up to date record both hard and electronic copies that is of documents and reports in line with TPO’s policies.
- Ensure proper file maintenance system for hard and soft copies
- Retrieve required documents when required
- Maintain security and confidentiality of documents Classify documents/ correspondence for filing according to an agreed filing system.
- Compile files for archiving every end of the year and develop a list of archived files.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely reports.
- Meet specified targets with expected outcomes.
- Up-to-date correspondence register
- Organized office system evidenced by the ability of the supervisor to access all the information regarding the project site.
- Disseminating information regarding interventions in a positive way
- A Bachelor’s in Secretarial Studies, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or Business Administration or related field.
- A post graduate Training in Administrative Law or ISCA is an added advantage.
- First-hand knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- At least three years’ experience providing high level administrative support
- Organization and planning skills
- Office Management
- Communication Skills
- Information Management
- Records Management
- Discretion – confidentiality
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively
How to apply:
Please send your CV, letter of interest and academic documents with 3 work related referees via email: mail: email@example.com or hand delivery to Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo ONLY. Include your salary history for the past 3 years (Attached as one document of not more than 2MBs)
Detailed CV visit: www.tpoug.org
Deadline: July 15, 2022. TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that doesn’t discriminate on any basis. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that this offer of employment is made to you with the understanding that you do not have a history of fraud and sexual offences. In accordance with the TPO Uganda’s Anti-Fraud and PSHEA Policies 2021, you are expected to abide and comply with the terms and conditions therein at all times. Any violation of this and other policies is highly punishable as per guidelines indicated in the various policies and laws of Uganda.