TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 27 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in over 45 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
TPO Uganda is now seeking person
Procurement and Logistic Officer
(USAID/PEPFAR-funded Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS))
Director Financial Management & Operations
Mbarara (1 person)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance to the USAID/ KCHS project in relation to procurement, administrative and logistical roles. The Director Financial Management & Operations will offer technical guidance when need arises with dotted line of supervision to Procurement & Operations Manager – TPO Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement and Logistic Officer.
✓ Implement policies and standard operating guidelines for general administration, transport, and travel and provide administrative and logistical support to staff and visitors.
- Periodically prepare and circulate vehicle usage plans and prepare per diems and contingency funds for the drivers in accordance with planned visits/ transport requirements.
- Follow up the maintenance of vehicles and maintain / update a schedule of vehicle maintenance records, comprehensive insurance renewal dates
- Arrange labour and funds for loading and off-loading materials, and supervise loading
- Develop and maintain records of stores and asset management.
✓Implement annual procurement plans in line with TPO’s and PPDA’s standards. Thus, Requesting for quotations, Participating in bud evaluation together with the evaluation committee, Preparing LPO’s and communicate with suppliers, Inspect the delivered goods to ensure that they are required quality and quantity, Prepare payment requisition forms and ensure proper documentation is attached and follow up invoices.
- Review and categorize user procurement needs, solicit and analyses quotations from suppliers, document and recommend the best provider for management action
- Periodically prepare and circulate to TPO’s budget users, price lists based on ruling prices
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain better terms/price from Suppliers.
- Prepare and follow up the approvals for Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) in line with user requirements and the Finance Policy.
✓ Monitor contracts/agreements process as per the agreed terms.
- Prepare and analyze tender documents in case of purchase by tender, recommend and act on awards to winners by preparing LPOs and having them approved.
- Inspect the goods delivered and confirm that they conform to the required specifications and recommend for payment to suppliers.
- Track the status of procurements and produce and circulate Procurement Status reports.
- Oversee the coordination of store activities including issuance and receiving, stock management, documenting and maintaining of store records and storage of supplies at the head office.
- Participate in market surveys to identify latest trends in prices, availability, and quality and exploit any potential for alternate supplies.
✓ Coordinate and ensure maximum security of staff and organization Assets/properties in line organizational policies
- Review the assets registry to note down the assets in place, check recording and engraving and carry out regular inventory checks as per Finance Policy
- Periodically carry out an assets audit to review the reliability and integrity of assets management information and activities and make appropriate recommendations to curb the gaps
- Track the usage of TPO Assets and make recommendations regarding the replenishment/ replacement and disposal of assets in line with the Finance Policy
- Negotiate with Insurance Underwriters /Brokers and obtain relevant Insurance Policies (property damage, all risks, fire, burglary, and theft), submit claims and track payments thereof in line with signed insurance agreements
- Purchase and install occupational health and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers) and service them according to supplier’s recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in the area of supply chain management, of which at least one in a position entailing direct responsibility over ensuring compliance with set standards and procedures under minimum supervision (mandatory)
- Prior experience with software-based management of core business processes through enterprise resource planning systems (preferred).
- Experience in USAID procurement is a MUST.
Project Coordinator as line supervisor but over role supervisor – MHPSS Supervisor
Rhino / Imvepi, Kyaka II, Kyangwali and Gulu, (4 persons)
The overall purpose of the job is to provide technical support to the project team in mental health and psychosocial support interventions , support training programmes for the project implementation team on MHPSS assessments and management, provide quality assurance during project implementation ,supervision of social workers, recording learning and coming up with adaptable intervention approaches to support effective implementation of the project goals and objectives in relation to the TPO Uganda MHPSS intervention and services manual and the LASC MHPSS principles . The position will be a field based and an integral part of project delivery unit; providing overall monitoring and clinical supervision and quality assurance during the project implementation to the social workers in accordance to the project theory of change and the IASC MHPSS principles guided closely by the TPO Uganda MHPSS intervention and services manual
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clinical Supervision: The Clinical Psychologist will be responsible for supervising Social Workers by providing guidance throughout the implementation of the Project MHPSS intervention approach.
- case management system, build up case management repository for the project in accordance to the standard case management principles and TPO Uganda case management process
- Assessment and diagnosis; provide guidance towards the use of the various global and internal assessment tools in relation to the project need and guide on intervention approach in accordance to diagnosis.
- Mainstream PSS into all projects activities and build resource materials for MHPSS adaptable to the project according to the project theory of change.
- Capacity strengthening and enhancement; Training Social Workers, partners and Community Support Structures on MHPSS, mhGAP HIG, PFA and any other skills as required by project objectives and arising needs during implementation provide support supervision, consultation, and mentoring, provide specialized clinical care to beneficiaries, support Social Workers manage difficult MHPSS cases and support run Cognitive Behavioural Therapy sessions, Psychological first Aid, problem management Plus as well as social therapy sessions.
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with community support structure members (Crisis team members, VPAs) to review progress, challenges and developing actions to improve psychosocial work in the settlements/ project scope.
Person Specifications knowledge and experience
- Master’s in clinical psychology.
- Membership of any psychology association is an added advantage.
- Research experience and sound clinical practice experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in the following areas is required: It includes knowledge in therapeutic remedies, making mental health assessments and diagnosis, IASC principles and guidelines; advocacy theories and principles; and sound knowledge of CBT intervention modules and mhGAP HIG.
- Working experience in the civil society sector, excellent organization and coordination skills, must be result-oriented and working experience in refugee setting is an added advantage.
How to apply:
✓ Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to: Human Resources Manager, TPO Uganda, P.O Box 21646 Kampala, Uganda, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivery to Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo ONLY.
- Deadline: May 20th 2022
TPO Uganda is committed to ensure safeguarding of children and adults from harm and is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
TPO Uganda is committed to provide work environment free of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thus, if you do not hear from us by May 31st , 2022, you are not considered.