TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in Uganda for 25 years. Our programs comprise interventions organized around the following themes; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO is directly implementing USAID-Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS) Activity in six districts. TPO Uganda is active in 33 districts and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country. TPO Uganda is now seeking persons;
Economic Strengthening Officers (ES Officers)
District Project Coordinators
USAID funded Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS)
Mbarara District, Mbarara City, Isingiro, Ntungamo, Bushenyi (6 persons)
To ensure delivery of quality services that aim at empowering communities aiming at reducing vulnerability for the children, adolescents and their caregivers by using multi-sectoral approach to improve social economic status in their households.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- The ES Officer will be responsible for both youth and savings groups related activities.
- Conducting post-training, supervision and mentoring of the Community Volunteers to ensure proper mentorship and support of the USG supported savings groups.
- The incumbent will identify ways to improve performance and management of groups formed by the Community Volunteers.
- He/she will work directly with Social Workers especially in areas of planning and coordination, and reporting of field activities to foster service layering.
- He/she will ensure that the contracted Community Volunteers meet their targets, attend group meetings as and when they are required, collect data from the field and submit accurate data on time.
- The ES Officer will be responsible for proper documentation of socio-economic activities implemented in the assigned cluster at office, community level and partner level.
- Maintain close collaboration with Local Government Structures and other Community-Based Service Providers at district and subcounty level.
- Supportive, positive attitude towards processes of strengthening staff capacity.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability in report writing and presentation
- Ability to follow implementation procedures and meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrate personal accountability; respect for others, and a drive to serve OVC.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet) required.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and travel within rural communities.
- Minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies or related field, from a recognized institution.
- Three years professional experience implementing USAID/PEPFAR funded OVC Economic strengthening program interventions
- Additional training in income generation, agriprenuership, life skills, monitoring and evaluation and HIV/AIDS is an added advantage.
- Past experience in building and maintaining partnership relations with implementing partners and other community agencies
Please, send your CV (maximum 2 pages) plus your cover letter (Maximum 1 page) indicating three references contacts (email and phone) and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to The Human Resources Officer, TPO Uganda by email email@example.com Hard copies shall not be accepted.
State your preferred district of operation. Deadline: 15th September, 2021
TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thus, if you do not hear from us, you are not considered.