Position: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Supervised by the Country Director, functionally reports to the Board of Directors through the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
The Internal Audit function is an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity intended to add value and improve on the quality of financial management operations by bringing a systematic approach to the effectiveness of risk management and adequacy of the Organization’s internal controls.
- Degree in Accounts, Finance or related field with professional qualification / final stage in ACCA/CPA/CIA
- Proven working experience of over 5 years with 3 years specifically in Internal Audit on projects funded by USAID, EU-ECHO, and the UN system.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, accounting standards, procedures and regulations, with sound independent judgment
- Experience in risk management and fraud investigations
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and familiar with using accounting software
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Strong leadership and decision making skills with a high level of attention to detail and excellent team building and mentorship skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing.
- High level of integrity.
How to apply:
Please send your detailed curriculum vite and letter of interest with 3 work related referees and a table showing your past 3 year salary history via email: firstname.lastname@example.org , copy in email@example.com (Attached as one document of 2MBs)
Deadline: May 1, 2020.
TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that doesn’t discriminate on any basis.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Those who applied earlier do not need to apply again